www.cambodianmp3.blogspot.com

Monday, May 23, 2011

Khmer Novels : Reviving Khmer Comics

No comments :
I remembered a time when I was little girl, there was a Khmer cartoon story called "Jey Jul Monn," Jey and his rooster. That was the ONLY cartoon book which somehow got it's way to the refugees camp(books and any form of documents had to be burned). I was very fascinated with the story. The book was ripped and missing pages. I had to imagine the missing lines. We shared the torn apart book passing around from kids to kids. Now, I can't quite recall the story, I think it's about Jey being the number one cock fighter.

After years of devastation, Cambodian artists are gathering to revive the Khmer comics. Below are some cartoon and novels comics drawn by various artists.

No comments :

Post a Comment