www.cambodianmp3.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Please help support Khmer music

No comments :
Rick says:

…i think mr oudam is doing the right thing by not allowing download from his site. that way, people can to listen to music on his site and go out [and] buy the dvd or cd to support the khmer artists.

Hi Rick,

Exactly!

If people really want to download music from this or any other website, there are various ways for them to do so. There are websites and software programs available to allow people to capture streaming audio and video from the internet and save them on their computers. I just don’t want to make it too easy for visitors to do it.

The aim of this site is to foster appreciation for Khmer music and encourage support for the Khmer artists and production companies that bring them to us.

The Khmer performers need to make a living, too. If everyone downloads and copies Khmer music from the internet and stop buying CDs and DVDs, the production companies will no longer have an incentive to create them. Consequently, Khmer music will cease to advance, and some Khmer female singers will be forced to earn their living selling their bodies instead of their talents.

As a strong advocate of Khmer pride, unity, and prosperity, I certainly don’t want this to happen. I want this site to become a place to showcase Khmer talents and to encourage our people to support one another by going out and buy the music they like.

I am an avid consumer of Khmer music and own hundreds of Khmer CDs and DVDs myself. When buying a CD or DVD I always inspect it thoroughly to make sure that it’s original and not a boot-leg copy.

While many people, including myself, download music from the internet, we always have to ask ourselves whether our actions will lead to positive or negative consequences. For instance, when I copy a few of my favorite Khmer songs onto a CD and give it to a friend, I probably do very little harm because if my friend likes the music, he will go out and buy the original CDs or DVDs. On the other hand, if I make a thousand copies of the CD to sell to others, my actions would be very hard to justify. I think moderation is the key.

No comments :

Post a Comment